News

Two mobile homes catch fire from propane tank explosion in Tulalip

TULALIP — At least three people with burn injuries were transported from the scene of a mobile home fire at the Port Susan Camping Club on the morning of July 27.

A dozen crew members from the Marysville Fire District were dispatched at 10:25 a.m. to join members of the Tulalip Bay Fire Department in in the 12000 block of Marine Drive.

"Once our crews got there, they found two mobile homes fully involved," said Kristen Thorstenson, public education specialist and information officer for the Marysville Fire District.

Thorstenson explained that a woman in her 70s was airlifted and her son in his 40s was transported by ground to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, while a third person was transported by ground to Cascade Valley Hospital in Arlington.

According to fire officials, a propane tank explosion in one of the two mobile homes started the fire.

As of press time, the Tulalip Bay Fire Department had not returned calls from The Marysville Globe for additional information.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Aug 30 edition online now. Browse the archives.