- Arlington police goals: Partner, cut crime 30%
- Comment Sept. 2 on Arlington's $104 million transportation plans
- Creedence Clearwater Revisted to be Up Around the Bend playing at Tulalip
- Fall sports begin practicing (slide show)
- Lakewood considers completely new high school
- M'ville woman takes home prizes for best cheesecake
- M-P, Lakewood coaches like opening with jamboree (slide show)
- Smokey Point police substation to open Sept. 2
- Technology helps students learn on demand
- Tulalip man, 25, dies in crash
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Lakewood School Board's Leonard announces resignation
LAKEWOOD — The Lakewood School District is seeking a new Board member.
The district announced Monday, March 22, that Jill Leonard has submitted her letter of resignation from her position on the Lakewood Board of Directors, effective May 19.
Officials said Leonard had to resign because she will be relocating out of state and doing work for their church for the next three years.
Leonard has served the Board since she was appointed in March 2004. She was elected in November 2005 and 2007, with her most recent term slated to expire in 2011.
The Board is currently seeking applicants for the open position for District 5, which will be open May 20.
Applications are available at the district's Web site (www.lwsd.wednet.edu) and will be accepted until April 23.
Board members will be holding interviews for interested applicants at the May 5 meeting.
Applicants are asked to send completed applications to Robin Barker, Lakewood School District, PO Box 220, N. Lakewood, WA 98259.
They can also be dropped off at 17110 16th Dr. NE, Marysville.
For more information on District 5 or the open position, call 360-652-4500.