- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Goodwill classes begin
MARYSVILLE — The Marysville Goodwill Job Training and Education Center, located at 9315 State Ave., is currently registering people for free classes, in their eight-week session from Jan. 4 through Feb. 25, 2010.
These courses are tailored toward those with significant barriers to employment, and are designed to teach them valuable job-seeking and job-retention skills in subjects ranging from English to computers.
Classes in English for Speakers of Other Languages will be offered, including basic, intermediate and literacy classes for adults who are learning or want to learn English. ESOL classes are scheduled as follows:
• ESOL Basic, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30-11 a.m.
• ESOL Level 1, Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30-11 a.m.
• ESOL Level 2, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• ESOL Computers, Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30-2 p.m.
Introductory computer courses will be targeted toward people with little to no computer experience, and include information on basic Windows tools, basic Word documents, files and folders, the Internet and e-mail. Computer classes are scheduled as follows:
• Computer basics, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-2:30 p.m.
• Microsoft Word, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-11:30 a.m.
• Internet and e-mail basics, Mondays and Wednesdays from 10-11:30 a.m.
For class availability and enrollment information, you may contact Gusti Clark, program specialist for the Marysville Goodwill Job Training and Education Center, at 360-657-4058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.