- About Us
Construction continues on 51st Ave. in Marysville
MARYSVILLE — Construction on improvements at the 100th and 136th Street NE intersections is progressing.
During December, the traffic light poles and wiring are being installed. Snohomish County's traffic signal technicians will be on-site to test them to make sure they are working properly. The lights will be turned on for traffic after the lanes are delineated, either with temporary or permanent striping and markers.
Traffic operations staff will spend several weeks monitoring traffic patterns to time the lights in an effort to minimize rush hour backups. Realtime pictures of traffic will show on television monitors in the County's traffic control room, and the lights can be adjusted from there.
The following are the tasks that need to completed on the 51st Avenue NE projects. The work is highly weather-dependent and some tasks must occur in a specific sequence. Snohomish County is not able to determine a completion date at this time, but assures its citizens that the contractor is working as quickly as possible.
At 100th Street NE:
• Fill in portions of sidewalk at several ramps, depending on weather.
• Install curb, gutter and sidewalk on the west leg of 100th Street NE.
• Pour curb on the west leg, depending on weather.
• Curb must cure for one week before paving.
• Pave the west leg of 100th St NE, depending on weather.
On both projects:
• Finish wiring traffic lights.
• Test functioning of lights that are not yet turned on for traffic.
• Stripe the parking lots, depending on weather and the schedule of the striping
• Stripe the crosswalks, depending on weather and the schedule of the striping
• Stripe traffic lanes, depending on weather and the schedule of the striping
• County is investigating temporary striping options.
• Planter strips.
• Turn on traffic lights for traffic, which cannot be done before striping.
• Monitor timing of lights with traffic and adjust as needed.
To stay informed, citizens can visit the County's web site, web site, and type "51st" in the search box to find the project page link. They can then follow the "e-mail notification" link on the project page to receive e-mail updates.