- Arlington police goals: Partner, cut crime 30%
- Comment Sept. 2 on Arlington's $104 million transportation plans
- Creedence Clearwater Revisted to be Up Around the Bend playing at Tulalip
- Fall sports begin practicing (slide show)
- Lakewood considers completely new high school
- M'ville woman takes home prizes for best cheesecake
- M-P, Lakewood coaches like opening with jamboree (slide show)
- Smokey Point police substation to open Sept. 2
- Technology helps students learn on demand
- Tulalip man, 25, dies in crash
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Seasonal flu immunization clinics scheduled at Haggen stores
Seasonal flu immunization clinics are scheduled for this fall at Haggen Food and Pharmacy stores in Snohomish County.
The seasonal flu shots are available to anyone 10 years and older for $25 apiece, and no appointments for the Haggen Food and Pharmacy clinics are necessary. Medicare and most insurance companies can be billed if participants bring their Medicare or insurance cards. Haggen stores in Marysville and Arlington also offer seasonal flu shots to walk-ins and people with appointments during pharmacy hours.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend a seasonal flu vaccination for anyone wishing to reduce the risk of becoming ill with influenza or transmitting the virus to others. Seasonal flu shots are particularly recommended for the following high-risk groups: children ages 6 months to 19 years old, people 50 years and older, pregnant women, people who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, and people who live with or care for those who are at high risk for complications from the flu.
Swine flu vaccinations also are recommended, but the federal government hasn't yet announced a distribution plan for them.
Seasonal flu vaccinations are available at the Arlington Haggen Food and Pharmacy, located at 20150 74th Ave., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 17-21, with walk-ins and appointments now being accepted, and at the Marysville Haggen Food and Pharmacy, located at 3711 88th St., from noon to 4 p.m. Oct. 11 through Nov. 1, with walk-ins from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and appointments now being accepted.
For a complete schedule of seasonal flu clinics, visit www.Haggen.com.