- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fireworks cause Marysville house fire
MARYSVILLE – At approximately 1:47 p.m., Saturday, July 4, Marysville Fire District crews were called to the scene of a house fire in the 5700 block of 66th Street NE. It was reported the roof was on fire. In fact, when the first crew arrived on scene, they found the entire roof engulfed in flames. They immediately went to work to control the fire. At one point crews had to abandon the structure – there were concerns as to the structural stability of the roof.
The residents were home when the fire started and exited the house safely. Red Cross will be assisting the displaced family of three. One of the family’s cats was still missing at the time of this release.
Marysville Fire District’s Fire Marshal ruled the cause of the fire as fireworks.
Marysville Fire District crews were aided by Getchell Fire for a total manpower of approximately 24 fire personnel.