Marysville Globe


Marysville Police arrest two following jewelry heist

November 30, 2012 · 6:47 PM

MARYSVILLE - Marysville Police officers arrested two male suspects soon after they had stolen approximately $10,000 in jewelry from the local K-Mart on Nov. 30.

Just after 3:00 p.m., Marysville Police responded to a reported theft at K-Mart located in the 9600 block of State Ave. Store employees indicated an adult male suspect had come into the store and walked back to the jewelry area. He cut two cables that were securing a container with the jewelry and fled the store. The suspect met up with a second adult male who was waiting as a getaway driver in a Ford F150 pickup. The suspects fled northbound away from the store.

A Marysville officer spotted the truck and attempted to make a traffic stop. After initially slowing down the truck then sped off and the officer pursued. After approximately two miles the officer terminated the pursuit due to the dangerous driving of the fleeing suspects.

Officers were still driving in the area and spotted the suspect vehicle again, however the passenger was no longer in the truck. Officers again initiated a traffic stop and this time the driver, a 51-year-old Everett man was taken into custody.

Officers continued to attempt to locate the second suspect in the surrounding neighborhoods. At some point a Marysville officer had stopped and talked to two Marysville citizens who were working in a shop and gave them a description of the suspect, specifically that he was wearing all black clothing and was missing one shoe. A short time later the suspect approached the citizens and asked them for a ride into Everett. They immediately recognized he was the suspect police were looking for. One of them told the suspect he would give him a ride but that he had to let his girlfriend know and walked out of eyesight of the suspect. He then called 911 and advised the suspect was in his shop.

Marysville Police, with assistance from Snohomish County Sheriff's deputies, were able to take the second suspect, a 29-year-old Everett man, into custody.

The jewelry was recovered in the suspect vehicle. There were no injuries or damage to property as a result of the pursuit.

"This is simply a case where everything went right and with some good police work and a great citizen assist two bad guys are going to jail," stated Marysville Police Commander Robb Lamoureux.

Commenting Rules

© Sound Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Our Titles | Work With Us