MARYSVILLE — At 10:14 p.m. on Thursday , Oc.t 4, the Marysville Fire District was dispatched to a residential fire in the 300 block of Marine View Drive. Firefighters arrived at 10:21 PM and located a fire in a single story residence.
Original reports stated "fully involved house fire." The first arriving officer reported a single-story structure fully involved with a male burn victim. Firefighters fought the fire defensively and the fire was under control within 30 minutes and confined to the structure. The structure was occupied at the time of the fire and the residents were alerted by breaking glass.
The loss has been estimated at $220,000 and the Red Cross is assisting the family.
At the height of the incident more than 28 firefighters battled the blaze, with mutual aid provided by Tulalip Bay (Fire District 15).
The fire was investigated by the Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office and determined to be accidental caused by misplaced smoking materials.
The Marysville Fire District would like to remind you to check your smoke alarms regularly and practice your emergency plan. Discard your smoking materials properly and the installation of residential fire sprinklers will reduce the effects of fire.