- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Marysville firefighters battle residential blaze that was started by accident
MARYSVILLE — At 6:56 a.m. on Oct. 25, the Marysville Fire District was dispatched to a residential fire in the 4600 block of 92nd Street NE. Firefighters arrived at 7:02 a.m. and located a fire in a single-story residential structure.
Original reports stated the garage was "on fire with smoke and flames." The first arriving captain reported a working fire with a heavy smoke condition from the roof. Firefighters fought the fire offensively and the fire was under control within 20 minutes, confined to the attic and garage. A total of four occupants, all adults, were within the structure at the time the fire broke out, and were alerted by "a crackling sound." All of the occupants escaped without injury. The occupants did not have renters insurance. No firefighter injuries were reported.
The fire's dollar loss has been estimated at $101,000. The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.
At the height of the incident, more than 20 firefighters battled the blaze with mutual aid provided by the Silvana Fire Department of Snohomish County Fire District 19.
The fire was investigated by Fire Marshal Tom Maloney of the Marysville Fire District, and has been determined to be accidental, caused by smoking materials.
The Marysville Fire District reminds all residents to maintain working smoke alarms and to install residential fire sprinklers to save lives and property. In addition, please remember to properly dispose of all smoking materials.