- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Marysville Fire District responds to commercial structure fire
MARYSVILLE — At approximately 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday night, the Marysville Fire District was dispatched to a commercial fire in the 1000 block of Beach Avenue. Firefighters arrived at 12:04 a.m. and located a fire in a one-story commercial structure.
Original reports stated, there was a house on fire. The first arriving captain reported a smoke condition and confirmed a working fire in a commercial building not a residential structure. Firefighters fought the fire offensively and the fire was under control within 10 minutes.
The origin of this fire was determined by the Marysville Fire District Fire Marshal’s Office to be accidental caused by spontaneous combustion of discarded staining materials. The estimated fire dollar loss is $100,000. No reported injuries.
At the height of the incident more than 15 firefighters battled the blaze with mutual aid provided by Silvana (Snohomish County Fire District 19).The Marysville Fire District reminds everyone to properly dispose of all staining rags to reduce the possibilities of spontaneous combustion.