News

Fire displaces Marysville family

MARYSVILLE — Marysville Fire District crews were dispatched to reports of an attached garage on fire in the 220 block of 172nd Street NW, Arlington at about 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 3. The first crews arrived to find the garage fully involved. They were able to contain the fire to the garage, but the house sustained substantial smoke damage. Crews from Arlington and Stanwood both assisted.

The response closed 172nd Street for a couple of hours at 45 Degree Road and 11th.

The family of four was displaced. They had just finished moving in — the last "load" was in the van in the front yard, according to Kristen Thorstenson, Public Education Specialist/Public Information Officer for the Marysville Fire District. One of the family's two cats was given oxygen and taken to the vet for observation. The other cat ran off. The displaced family will be staying with other family members and Red Cross is assisting them.

The County Fire Marshal's preliminary estimates put damage upwards of $150,000. The fire is believed to have started in the fireplace area of the garage.

No injuries were reported.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Dec 20
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

loading...