News

Electrical fire displaces Marysville family of four

MARYSVILLE — At approximately 8:15 a.m. on Oct. 18, Marysville Fire District crews were dispatched to respond to reports of smoke in the upstairs of a house on the 600 block of Ash Avenue. They arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the upstairs of the two-story single-family residence. Crews were able to contain the fire damage to a small area of a crawl space.

One of the house's residents had noticed a "chemical smell" earlier, and when she went upstairs to get a coat for one of the children, the smoke alarm began to sound.

All of the residents and their pets were able to escape the home without harm. The Red Cross is assisting the family of four.

The Marysville Fire District's Fire Marshal ruled the cause of the fire as electrical and damages are estimated at $20,000.

Our Mobile Apps

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 12 edition online now. Browse the archives.