- About Us
UPDATE | Healthy Communities Challenge Day returns to Marysville June 5
Healthy Communities Challenge Day returns to Marysville June 5
Special to The Marysville Globe
MARYSVILLE — The city of Marysville is looking to get area residents outside and active for the second annual Healthy Communities Challenge Day.
The event takes place June 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Allen Creek Elementary, located at 65050 60th Dr. NE.
The free Challenge Day is a fun-filled community fitness and health celebration conducted in collaboration with the Snohomish County Get Movin' summer program. This combination of events is designed to motivate youth and adults toward achieving health, nutrition and fitness goals. The Marysville Community Coalition has also rolled its 411 Community Connections Fair into the event, to showcase a network of organizations that provide community assistance to families in a variety of ways.
Last year's Challenge Day drew more than 3,000 visitors. The coordinators for this year's Challenge Day hope to meet or exceed that with the following events:
• Zumba class demonstrations.
• Laurie Sweet hula-hoop jamboree and giveaway.
• Everett Clinic "Health Jeopardy."
• Steve Smith of the Sunnyside Nursery.
• Ropeworks demonstrations and jumprope giveaways.
• Boot camp fitness demonstration.
• Marysville Care Center tai chi demonstration.
• Kung fu demonstration.
• Summit Rehabilitation fitness.
• WSU Extension Community Gardening.
• CrossFit fitness demonstration.
For more information, you may call the city of Marysville Parks and Recreation Department at 360-363-8400, or log onto the Marysville Healthy Communities Project website at www.marysvillehealthycommunitiesproject.com.