Community input on our search for a new superintendent is being accepted through Feb. 11. The following are some priorities that have come up in my conversations with teachers and parents. Please consider sending all or some of the these items, as well as any additional input you may have, to Dr. Wayne Robertson, Superintendent Search Consultant, at email@example.com.
The person selected to be our next superintendent will have a major impact on the nature and direction of education in Marysville for years to come. Your input will help our Board of Directors make the right decision for our children and for our community.
1) Broad and equitable access to music and arts education, physical education and recess, and Career and Technical Education (CTE).
2) 21st century technology for all students and schools.
3) Early intervention and support for struggling and at-risk students, as well as a concrete plan for prioritizing the social and emotional well-being of all children.
4) Maximum and effective inclusion for students with special needs.
5) Education that is unambiguously integrated with our larger community and is characterized by strong partnerships with families and community organizations.
6) An ongoing commitment to creating the conditions that allow teachers to effectively do their jobs.
7) Support for teacher creativity and innovation in the classroom.
8) An emphasis on education for active and responsible citizenship in our schools, our district, and in our larger community.
9) Willingness to take a stand when federal and state mandates interfere with our common mission.
10) Commitment to helping us define and clarify our own vision as an educative community, rather than imposing a predetermined vision for our district.
11) Commitment to openness and transparency in matters of district decision-making and financial management.
Marysville teacher, PTSA member and parent