- About Us
Marysville Globe Community Meetings | Sept. 24
The Grandview Jammers jam at 7:15 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday and at 2 p.m. the second Sunday of every month. Players, singers and listeners are welcome. Contact Sandi Browne at 360-435-9721 or Iris Ingram at 425-377-0623.
A.B.A.T.E of Washington, North Snohomish County Chapter, meets every fourth Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Alfy’s Pizza in Smokey Point. Call 360-659-0205.
Marysville Hearing Examiner, meets the fourth Thursday, 7 p.m., at City Hall 1049 State Avenue.
On the last Sunday of every month Christ The King Community Church serves a great breakfast free at Presidents Elementary School, 505 E. French St., Arlington, from 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Visit www.ctkonline.com for information.
Providence Hospice & Home Care of Snohomish County has two family/friend caregiver support groups that are open to the public. The first Monday of each month from 6:30 – 8 p.m., in Everett and the third Friday from 2 – 3:30 p.m. in Lake Stevens. Call 425-261-4808 for location and details. There is no charge.
Marysville City Council Work Session, meets the first Monday of the month at 7 p.m., City Hall, 1049 State Avenue.
MOMS Club is a non-profit group providing support to other at-home moms. Play groups, crafts, family parties, baby sitting co-ops, service projects, outings, tours, family day, mom’s night out, business meetings and other activities. MOMS club international website is www.momclubs.org.
• Arlington/Stanwood meets the first Monday of each month at Atonement Free Lutheran Church. Club fees are $25 per year. Call Beth Rupeiks 360-652-4112 or Karen at 425-422-8383.
• Marysville MOMS contact Heather at 425-263-0291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marysville City Council meets the first and third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. for workshops and the second and fourth Monday of the month for its regular meetings at 7 p.m. All events are held at the Marysville City Hall at 1049 State Ave.
Arlington City Council meets on the first and third Mondays each month in the City Council Chambers at 238 N. Olympic Ave., Arlington. Workshops begin at 5:30 p.m. and the meeting starts at 7 p.m. For agenda go to www.ci.arlington.wa.us or call 360-403-3441.
Marysville School Board holds its regular meeting the first Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at The District Service Center, 4220 80th St. NE
The Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society and Library, 135 N. Olympic Ave. in Arlington, Legacy Family Tree User Group from 1 - 3 p.m., the first and third Tuesdays. Anyone using this computer program to document their family history or anyone interested in learning more is invited.
Boyer Daniel Post No. 1561 Veterans of Foreign Wars and Auxiliary meet at 7 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month at the Post Middle School, 1220 East Fifth Street, Arlington. Call Commander Don Williams at 360-629-4941.
Arlington Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of the month at the City Council Chambers in Arlington. Call Cliff Strong at 360-435-0724.
STILLY SENIOR CENTER
Stillaguamish Senior Center, 18308 Smokey Pt. Blvd., Arlington, 360-653-4551. Daily volunteer opportunities. Call Karen at ext. 228.
• Monday - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thrift shop.
• Monday - Friday, Senior Nutrition Lunch Program, at noon.
• Monday Weight Watchers, weigh in 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., meetings at 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.; Saturday, 7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
• Monday Bingo at 11 a.m., Fridays at 7 p.m. Open to the public.
• Second and fourth Mondays Foot clinic, noon to 4 p.m. Appointment required; $8 donation. Call Donna McCutchen at 360-653-4551 ext. 234.
• Second Wednesday and Thursday “55 Alive” Defensive Driving. Call to sign up. $10 fee.
• Second and Fourth Friday Hearing Aid Service, 10 a.m.
• First Friday Diabetes support group, 1:15 p.m.
• Second Friday, Advisory Council Meeting, 1 p.m.
• Last Sunday of the month Old Fashion Chicken Dinner, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• Aerobics, 9 a.m.
• Woodcarving, 9 a.m. to noon, instructor Rod Randles. $5 quarterly fee and a $2 per class fee.
• Third Monday, Board meeting at noon.
• Ceramics, 1 - 3 p.m., $2, bring supplies or get them there.
• Fit for Life at 2 p.m.
• Silversmithing, 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• China/glass painting, 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., $5 fee.
• Show clogging, advanced clogging at 10 a.m.
• Caregiver Support Group, 10:30 a.m., Contact Krystyna at 653-4551 ext. 241.
• Gentle Yoga, at 2:30 and 5:30 p.m.
• Aerobics, at 9 a.m.
• Computer Lab, at 9 a.m.
• Needlers/Bunka at 9 a.m.
• Lapidary, 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Shopping trip, 9:45 a.m.
• Clogging, 10 a.m.
• Fit for Life, 2 p.m.
• Creative writing. 9 a.m. to noon, $2 per class plus $5 quarterly fee.
• Lapidary, 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Artists’ studio, 10 a.m. to noon, no instructor, bring your own canvas, $5 quarterly fee paid to center.
• Trip to Darrington Community Center for lunch. Depart 10:30 a.m., return 2:30 p.m., $5 transportation and $3 for lunch.
• Bridge Players needed, noon to 4 p.m.
• Gentle Yoga, 1:30 p.m.
• Bible study, 2 p.m., non-denominational.
• TOPS (take pounds off sensibly), 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
• Pinochle, 6 p.m.
• Crafter’s Meeting, 10 a.m.
• Blood Pressure checks, 10 a.m.
• Musical entertainment, 11 a.m.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. Open to the public.
Camano Island Quilter’s p.m. meeting at Jo Hagloch’s home. Call Jo at 360-657-0163 for directions or Kandi at Granny’s 360-629-3947.
Ken Baxter Senior/Community Center is looking for players for the Tuesday Bridge group, noon to 4 p.m. Tables must be coordinated in advance so call 360-363-8450 to get on the list. The Monday noon bridge game is more informal “Party” bridge, no call necessary.
A grief sharing group meets Thursdays at 6 p.m. Call Arlington Free Methodist Church at 360-435-8986.
Civil Air Patrol Arlington Composite Squadron meets Thursdays, 7 - 9 p.m., at the Arlington Boys and Girls Club, 18513 59th Avenue NE. For information call 425-238-5978.
Monroe Community Concert Band seeks musicians with high school playing skills who can read music. Percussion and clarinet. Call Roger Walker at 360-691-5310 or email@example.com. Meets Thursday nights 7 - 9 p.m., New Hope Fellowship Church, 10106 W. Main Street, Monroe.
Backpack Kids Playgroup, Fridays, 10 a.m. at Camano Senior and Community Center, 606 Arrowhead Rd., Camano Island, for a hello song, storytime, craft, snack and playtime. For preschool-aged children with parent or guardian. Field trips planned for every other month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (include “BPK” in the subject line) or call the 360-629-5257.
Darrington Library, 1005 Cascade Street, 436-1600. Preschool stories are shared each Friday at 11 a.m. Ages 2 - 5. Call 436-1600.
Kids for Christ Community Choir meets Fridays at the Arlington First Baptist Church, 426 N. French Ave., 6 - 8:30 p.m. Open to K-8 grades. Visit www.fbcarlington.com or call Coleen Wright at 435-330-9351.
Celebrate Recovery meets throughout the week at the First Assembly of God Church, 4705 Grove Street, Marysville. The main meeting 5 p.m. on Sunday evenings. A 12 step recovery program based in the scriptures. Free, open to all ages. email@example.com or call Dave Rummelhardt at 360-659-2276.
Support with gambling, divorce, women’s issues, or with 12 step, Sundays, 6 p.m., at Marysville First Assembly of God located on the corner of 4705 Grove Street. Call 360-659-2276.
Cub Scout Pack in Silvana, in the old fire hall located at 1409 Pioneer Hwy. Boys in the first - fifth grade are eligible. To get involved in Boy Scouts contact Hilary Blackward at 360-652-9861 or 425-338-0380.
Senior Services of Snohomish County offers the Senior Peer Counselling program for seniors who are struggling with life changes, losses or other issues. Learn new ways to cope with life’s stresses and improve well-being. Call 425-290-1252. Free.
Master Gardeners provide advice on plants. A Master Gardeners’ demo garden is open to the public with Master Gardeners in attendance 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at Jennings Park, 6915 Armar Rd., Marysville. Call 425-357-6010.
Little Star Club, Camp Fire USA program for ages 3 - 5, meets Mondays at Eagle Creek Elementary School in the library, 6 - 7 p.m. Call Holly at 425-258-5437.
Voices Northwest, the Sweet Adeline chapter practicing at The Bridge Church in Snohomish, 2500 Lake Avenue in Snohomish. Internet search engines use 6016 99th Ave. SE. Website at www.voicesnorthwest.org or call Kim at 360-794-4426. Practices are Mondays at 7 p.m.
Harmony Northwest Chorus is seeking women who love to sing want to do four-part harmony, barbershop style. They rehearse from 7 - 9:30 p.m. Mondays at the Mount Vernon Community Center. Web site www.harmonynorthwest.org or call Carol at 360-435-0808.
Pregnancy Aid of Snohomish County has a WIC clinic in Marysville at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 4200 88th NE, every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 360-435-3735.
Mothers of Preschoolers. The children have a fun and structured time separate from the moms.
• Marysville, first and third Tuesday of every month, 9:30 a.m. to noon. For registration call Pilchuck Valley Chapel at 425-334-9558.
• Stanwood meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month 9 a.m. to noon at the Warm Beach Free Methodist Church.
Planned Parenthood Teen Clinic walk-in hours and services for young women and men are Tuesday, 2 - 4 p.m. “Talk to us in confidence, with confidence” at 10210 State Ave. Call 360-658-7871.
Monthly rubber stamp workshop for creating cards with rubber stamps. All supplies included. Instructor Carol Wilson, at the Community Room at the Boys and Girls Club, 18513 59th Ave. NE, Arlington, from 6 - 9 p.m. on Tuesdays. $23 per class. Call 360-403-3448 to register.
Overcomers Outreach meets Tuesdays at 7 p.m. at Warm Beach Free Methodist Church on 20816 Marine Dr., for all types of addictive and codependent behaviors. Call 360-652-6555.
Drop in grief support group. Facilitated by Hospice Bereavement Counselors. No registration necessary, call Kate at 856-7770.
• Tuesdays, Mt. Vernon, 1:30 p.m., the chapel at Skagit Valley Hospital.
• Second and fourth Thursdays, Sedro Woolley, 5:30 p.m. at the United General Hospital, room 502.
Stamano Toastmasters meet Wednesdays, 7:15 a.m., in the Anderson Room in Stanwood United Methodist Church at 27128 102nd Drive, Arlington. Call 629-8506.
The Downtown Arlington Business Association meets 8 a.m. three Wednesdays out of four, with one evening meeting on the third Wednesday of the month. Call Jeanne Watanabe at 360-403-8334.
T.O.P.S. Take pounds off sensibly meets every Wednesday. Weigh-in is 8 - 9 a.m. and the meeting is 9:15 - 10 a.m. at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, 4312 84th Street NE, Marysville. Call 360-659-6084.
The Sno-Isle Genealogical Society meets Wednesdays, at 7 p.m. at the Lynnwood Public Library, 19200 44th Ave., Lynnwood. Prior to the meeting, at 6 p.m., Margaret Summitt will host a continuing workshop, “Breaking through brick walls.” Genealogists of all skill levels are welcome. Call Margaret Summitt at 425-438-0307.
Tulalip Tribes Planning Commission meets every Wednesday at 5 p.m. at 6319 23rd Ave. NE. For information or to see about working with the Planning Commission, call 360-651-4074.
Rotary Club of Arlington meets at noon Thursdays at Weller’s Restaurant. Call 360-435-2168.
Monroe Community Concert Band is seeking all musicians with high school level playing skills, especially clarinet. They play concert band music, from marches to classics to show tunes. Thursdays, 7 - 9 p.m., at New Hope Fellowship Church, 1016 W. Main Monroe.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Roger Walker at 360-691-5310.
Recreational co-ed volleyball, open gym volleyball on Friday nights 7-9 p.m., September through Dec. 12 (except the weeks of Halloween and Thanksgiving), at Post Middle School 1220 east Fifth Street, Arlington. For ages 16 and older. Call 360-403-3448.