- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Marysville Aktion Club's first meeting March 23
MARYSVILLE — The first meeting of the Marysville Aktion Club is scheduled for Friday, March 23, from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Marysville YMCA, located at 6420 60th Dr. NE. The Marysville Aktion Club is a community service group for adult citizens, 18 years and over, living with disabilities.
The Aktion Club's four core beliefs are as follows:
• Community service is both a privilege and a responsibility
• Everyone deserves the opportunity to make their community a better place to live.
• Every person has unique strengths, gifts and abilities they can share with others.
• We all need each other.
The Aktion Club is sponsored by the Marysville Kiwanis Club. The mission of the Aktion Club is to provide adult citizens living with disabilities the opportunities to develop initiative and leadership, to serve their community, to be integrated into society, and to demonstrate the dignity and value of citizens living with disabilities.
The four primary goals of the Aktion Club are as follows:
• Develop initiative and leadership.
• Provide experience in living and working together.
• Serve the community.
• Prepare for useful citizenship.
For more information, please contact Jim Strickland by phone at 425-870-1631 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.